Visualization tool integration
Francisco de MeLo Jr
2016-06-13 05:03:21 UTC
Hi guys.

Im francisco and Im currently developing a visualization tool for profiling, in fact, call graphs and calling context trees.

Well, Id like to integrate in my tool oprofile outputs, so I was thinking about doing a parser to read the profiling report from oprofile to displayed.

Is there any place I can find some guidelines to understand the output?

tks,

-fr
William Cohen
2016-06-13 14:07:34 UTC
Post by Francisco de MeLo Jr
Hi guys.
Im francisco and Im currently developing a visualization tool for profiling, in fact, call graphs and calling context trees.
Well, Id like to integrate in my tool oprofile outputs, so I was thinking about doing a parser to read the profiling report from oprofile to displayed.
Is there any place I can find some guidelines to understand the output?
tks,
-fr
Hi,

You might use the xml output of oprofile's opreport (--xml/-X option) as the source of the oprofile data (http://oprofile.sourceforge.net/doc/opreport.html#opreport-xml). The format is https://sourceforge.net/p/oprofile/oprofile/ci/master/tree/doc/opreport.xsd

-Will
Michael Petlan
2016-06-13 15:03:30 UTC
Hi,

just a note, you might be interested in this:

http://freecode.com/projects/gprof2dot_py

With this, just do:

operf -g ./something
opreport -cgf | ./gprof2dot.py -f oprofile | dot -Tpng -o callgraph.png

Michael