oprofile for redhat 7.3
Gang L Liu
2016-11-03 16:48:36 UTC
Training and support from Colfax.
William Cohen
2016-11-03 20:39:35 UTC
Hello there,
I need to do oprofile profiling on redhat 7.3. The current oprofile ( oprofile-1.1.0 <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/oprofile/oprofile-1.1.0.tar.gz> ) doesn't seem to work on 7.3 (compilation issue).
Is there an (internal) higher beta version I can try?
When will the next release come out?
Thanks for any hint.
Peter
Hi Peter,

oprofile-1.1.0 should build on RHEL7. What build issue are you have? Are all the dependencies installed required for building oprofile installed on the system?

What precise feature are you needing that is not in the oprofile 1.1.0? The oprofile-1.1.0 in developer tool set 6.0 Beta (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-developer-toolset/) has a number of backports to support newer processors.

-Will